HalfSteps at Home (How we will continue your musical experience during the current period of social distancing)
We will be hosting several short live video sessions along with some other videos that will be posted to FB to help you make music at home. We will also continue to send out information that may be useful to parents and caregivers during these stressful days. Most of these videos will be available only in our private FB group, Club HalfSteps, as a special perk for HalfSteps families who have enrolled in at least one session in the past or who are enrolling for Spring. These will continue until April 13.
Introducing Music Together® Online, coming this Spring!
Music Together has been connecting families for over 30 years through live music-making, instrument play, dancing, singing, and creating a community in every classroom around the world. Since we have been forced to socially distance ourselves, it’s more important than ever to replace that social atmosphere with engagement at home. Let us bring The Joy of Family Music® into your home, keeping the Together in Music Together. Please join us for a new and exciting way to experience your music class and Ms. Tanya with HalfSteps at Home and Music Together Online.
When you enroll in HalfSteps at Home, you will receive:
- One 20 to 25-minute interactive virtual class via Zoom* or Facebook Live, every week with Ms. Tanya. Zoom is an online video platform, and it allows your teacher to see you and you to see the other families attending. Instead of going to your class once a week, your class will come to you, via computer, tablet, or phone. Class size is limited.
- One 15 to 20-minute On-demand lesson video to be watched at your convenience
- Unlimited "Drop in" classes, in any of the classes that have space available. You'll sign up for these Drop-ins just as you did for make-up classes.
- Additional short, pre-recorded or live videos posted throughout the semester.
- Access to all of the videos that have taken place so far, including the temporarily public videos that have since been removed from social media.
- A designated webpage with additional videos including musical crafts, lullabies, song covers, parent education, and more.
- Access to videos from our very own Uncle Gerry, exclusively for enrolled families.
- Downloadable family resources (coloring pages, musical games, etc).
- Maracas collection music (illustrated songbook, CD, download code for access to songs on the Hello Everybody app) delivered to you at a meetup place or delivered directly to your door. Early registrants will also receive a set of instruments, while supplies last.
*We are still in the testing phase and will determine the best platform to use before the semester begins. If Zoom is chosen, we will request release forms to be signed in case we decide to archive the videos for people who missed class.
Tuition is $125 for the entire family/household and $75 for a second class. If you are experiencing financial hardship due to the health crisis, please reach out to us to make arrangements. We do have limited scholarship funds available.
FREE INSTRUMENT SET FOR FAMILIES WHO REGISTER BY APRIL 10. For families who have registered for Spring 2020 and paid at least a non-refundable $60 deposit, we will be distributing materials at a designated meet-up point. This will be a special bundle, which includes not only the songbook and CD for the Maracas collection, but also an instrument set (while supplies last) so that your child can play along with us at home while we do our video sessions. Additional sets are $20.
Please note that the tuition price has changed from $158 per child ($100 for siblings) for the in-person classes to a flate rate of $125 per household for the online classes. Once you enroll, we will follow up to make plans to get the materials to you.
If the social distancing directive is lifted prior to the semester's end, we will continue our online classes and also offer 3 in-person events for $25 total.
CLASSES BEGIN APRIL 29
We are extremely excited to share what is new with Canta y Baila Conmigo® this Spring. In addition to one weekly on-demand video lesson from Ms. Tanya and Ms. Pamela, the CD and songbook, you will receive a plethora of rich language-learning content through our new online family "playspace". This playspace allows your family to stay active and connected and enjoy the Spring 2020 De colores collection at home together. We are calling this playspace the CyBC Family Playground because there will be content for the whole family to enjoy!
The main feature of our Playground will be the bi-weekly Playdate modules, which will include a combination of the following:
- Sing-along videos with program creator Maddie Welch
- Messages and songs from your local CyBC teachers
- Spanish lessons for grown-ups and older kids (this is in addition to the core music lessons, which are designed for children ages 0 - 6)
- Downloadable coloring and activity pages
- Craft and project ideas related to our songs
- Bonus interactive games and contests
Click here for more information about Canta y Baila Conmigo Online.
Questions or need assistance? Give us a call at 941.545.6965 or contact us online.